EXCITE Design Phase Deadline Extended to November 30th, 2022
The application for the EXCITE Design Phase has been extended to November 30th, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST.
The application is short, here are the requirements:
- Contact Information for Principal Investigator, Administrative Contact, and Financial Contact
- Subrecipient Information for FFATA Reporting (DUNS Name & Number, etc…)
- Letter of Support from Extension Director/Administrator
- Budget Template/Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement
EXCITE is a nationwide local response by U.S. Cooperative Extension made possible through an interagency agreement between USDA-NIFA and the CDC. The CDC chose Extension to continue as a partner in adult immunization education because of the system’s ability to collaborate, deliver whole-health educational programming, and is a trusted messenger to share science-based knowledge.
- The objective of this Design phase is to assist institutions to prepare for the Implementation phase with competitive proposals and/or proposals that could be used for other funding opportunities.
- With the support of the EXCITE Program team, including CDC partners, the Design phase will include workshops on the identification of priority populations, implementation of rapid community assessments of vaccine confidence for identified populations, partnership development, selection of best practices for delivery methods, and training in the use of the LGU vaccine confidence tool kit.
- Upon completion of the Design phase, you will be prepared to apply for the EXCITE Implementation phase. The Design phase is a non-competitive phase available to all 111 LGUs in the amount of $10,000 each.
The competitive Implementation phase will implement the plans for adult immunization education and vaccination developed during the Design phase at the local level and directed to identified rural and medically-underserved communities and address COVID-19 Vaccine confidence in their LGU. You do not have to participate in the Design phase in order to apply for the Implementation phase.
Design Phase Grant Information:
ELIGIBILITY: Non-competitive phase available to ALL Land-grant universities (LGUs) (1862, 1890, 1994) by completing a simple online application. Submit only one application per institution.
AWARD AMOUNT: $10,000
Application Open: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2022 November 1, 2022, 11:59 PM PST
Award Period: October 1, 2022 – March 15, 2023